This blog has now reached it's end. The American Adventure has finished. Will there be a sequel in the near future? One will never know, but for now let's let the credits roll...

Friday, March 19, 2010

Chapter AwwwwwwSum!

If you've been reading my blog, you would've heard of the great Catalina Jazz Club.

It's legendary. So many of my great heroes performed there.

And last Tuesday night, I had the opportunity to perform on that very stage.

I'm going to give the facts. You might think it's downplaying it's awesomeness but that's your opinion.

I played 2 songs.
1 of them was truly Jazz. I think the only Jazz song performed that night. Which made me feel even more amazing.
The concert was a showcase of the Guitar Department's graduating class.
The concert was put together by MI.
The audience consisted mainly of teachers, students, and parents, but it was open to the public so there could've been others.

Those are the facts. Sure it wasn't a full gig. Sure it wasn't the most public exposure.

BUT I got to enjoy the stage of one of the greatest jazz clubs in town, and I got to perform an awesome Jazz song together with an awesome band.

I'm completely blown away by the experience.
And if you're not, you're not my friend anymore.

PICTURES!!!! (albeit blurry ones. My camera does not do dark shots very well)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Apparently there's video too. The Guitar Department filmed the whole thing so I'll wait for that to release and then I'll clip my performances out and share them with you.


WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

No comments: