This blog has now reached it's end. The American Adventure has finished. Will there be a sequel in the near future? One will never know, but for now let's let the credits roll...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Chapter Hydrocarbon - CHristmas Adventure Final Pt

The roundup of the Christmas Adventures.

First Category - The Christmas Foods.
During this wonderfully festive month, I decided to treat myself to some extra delicious food. Some of you following me on twitter might have seen my delicious shrimp cocktail dinner on Christmas eve. If not, here it is again with some extra Christmas Meal roundups.

Shrimp!
My own roast bird - looks impressive no? I assure you it was very very good.
Star Patties - I only took this picture because the formation in the middle was cool.
Christmas Dinner - It only occurred to me after I left to take pictures of my hosts. I will in the future. Great friends.
Christmas Ham before...
... and after....



Second Category - The Christmas Trees
Here's the last couple of pictures from around town featuring some Christmas trees and other decorations. The biggest one on display was strangely the one made by the scientologists. Don't quite understand how that irony works...

L. Ron Hubbard's Winter Wonderland - the scientologist one.


Decor at The Grove
Tried to get Santa and the moon...
The Grove Tree
Smaller tree at the Farmer's Market

The Highland Center tree.
Front
Snuggie Chair at the back

Final Category - The Christmas Adventure.
The last Christmas Adventure - to The Grove.
An outdoor styled shopping complex. I've been there before when I got my Macbook. But this time around, I'm glad I went because it snowed.

Yes you heard me. It snowed right here in Hollywood.

See for yourself.


Ok, fine it wasn't really snowing. It was a nice little gimmick done by the complex to tease its shoppers. I just kept smiling when it happened because there's something magical about seeing your first snowfall - even if it's a fake one. And it's not even snow they're shooting from those things up there - it's actually really fine bubbles that look and behave like snow. It was still fun nonetheless.

And that rounds up the Christmas Adventures.



And goodbye 2009, hello 2010.

Happy New Year to you all. 2010 will be the year of great things with the Lord. I just know it.

Cheers.



No comments: