This blog has now reached it's end. The American Adventure has finished. Will there be a sequel in the near future? One will never know, but for now let's let the credits roll...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chapter PQRS - *UPDATED*

I literally just got to the computer from the KODAK THEATRE where I just watched an awesome Jazz concert with MARVIN 'SMITTY' SMITH on DRUMS!

How amazingly awesomely fantastically cool is that?

I promise I'll update with pics the moment I hook up my camera. Stay tuned to this post.

*UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE*

Ok, I'm gonna update on a couple of stuff.. so hang tight for the great big Kodak Surprise.

Firstly, this last weekend we had a purge of the apartment. Literally every corner of the apartment was cleared and cleaned and thoroughly gone over with all sorts of cloth, soap and suction machines. The end result is a splendidly clean room. 

But also, along the way, we managed to purge the place of a whole lot of uninvited guests. These unfriendlies were giving us hard times every night. So we decided to purge them from the apartment as well. The operation is still underway, but the enemy did sustain many casualties that day. If you are squeamish, the following image is not for you.



I did warn you. That was the main enemy base camp that was eradicated from the kitchen table fortress.

***

As some of you might have seen in my latest practice video, it's a lot of hard work to actually go through each night. Let's be honest, pad practice isn't fun. All the drummer people out there will tell you that. And it makes it worse when your teacher gives you these incredible devastating clubs to use.


These are what my normal sticks look like.

And this is the monster that I use for my pad practice.


Will you look at how much fatter and bigger they are. And they are ridiculously heavy as well. If anyone is interested, go to a drum shop and see if you can find the Pro Mark DC10 sticks. Get a feel for them and you'll know exactly what I mean. Otherwise, take my word for it that I could literally beat you to death with them. 

They should arm the police force with those.

****

As some of you know, the USA has officially declared it summer. The universities are on holiday and most students will be returning home. 

Whoever these Official Summer Declarers are, it's clear they need to be fired. This was the scene that greeted me on the 1st of June - clearly a summer month. A month that you'd take to enjoy the warm air and the beautiful sun and catch some waves at the beach or dip into the pool or just lie in the sun with a pack of cold beer. 

REALITY CHECK!


That's what it looks like in summer. Someone somewhere has screwed up the four season calender here in LA.

It's been cold, windy, cloudy, rainy and pretty much miserable for the past week or so. I mean, I kinda like the rain - when I heard thunder today for the first time I actually grinned and laughed to myself. The people around me must have thought I was an evil scientist waiting for lightning to bring my monster made from several different body parts ... wait.. that sounds familiar. Anyway... Like I was saying, I love the rain. But not when it's 20 degrees celcius outside and the wind howling like... a howling wind. 

GIVE ME BACK MY SUNLIGHT YOU UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! GIVE ME MY SUMMER BACK!

***

And now the update you've all been waiting for. I know it's a lot to get through, but I haven't had the chance to blog in a while, and I've only been twittering (If you don't already know, my twitter is on the sidebar) so I've go a whole lot of stuff to write now.

KODAK THEATRE!!! WOOT!!! 

Ok fine... I wasn't IN the Kodak Theatre. I never said I was did I? I was AT the Kodak Theatre. This took place in the Courtyard of the Kodak Theatre.

Look at that crowd! It was amazing! 

And did you also notice my amazingly awesome BACKSTAGE spot! 

...

Truth be told again, that's not really backstage. I mean, it was just behind the band. Anyone could stand there. 

See.. there's the band and the bunch of MI students hanging out at the back. We weren't watching the show. We were watching the Drummer. XD

And there he is, none other than the great Marvin Smitty Smith. He was awesome. Didn't get to meet him and shake his hand and take a picture this time. He was too busy entertaining all the other famous people that turned up. But I will the next time. When I appear on the Tonight Show.

And a thought occurred to me. He's another great drummer who's incredibly short. And I mean... REALLY short. I wonder what that means.... I need to shrink a couple of inches I suppose.

***

That's it for now folks. Till next time.






No comments: