This blog has now reached it's end. The American Adventure has finished. Will there be a sequel in the near future? One will never know, but for now let's let the credits roll...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chapter 1001 - The Superbowl Adventure

Ok I know my updates have been sparse as of late. Sorry la. Busy.

My blog. My rules. Quit complaining.

Firstly, let me direct your attention to the post below. The 'Flood' post. There are now pictures and a video for you to take a look at. Why on earth you would want to do that is beyond me, but I put them on here anyway. I guess it's more for me than anything. I don't know why but that whole ordeal is probably going to be one I don't forget in a long long time. And it's a nice anecdote to have - I saved my apartment from flooding.

So yes, check that out below.

Now onward.

Last Sunday was the Superbowl. It's the climax of the American Football season.

A team played another team.
There were some points involved.
There was some whistle blowing.
There were some intervals.
There were alot of commercials (you can actually view them on youtube).
Some players got injured.
A team scored more points than the other.
That team won.
The other lost.
There was a trophy.
It was handed to the winning team.
The losing team didn't get a trophy.
There were a lot of fingerprints on the trophy.
There was a lot of confetti in the stadium.

How exciting.

In all honesty though, the whole deal is probably just yet another excuse to eat lots of junk together with friends. We had tamales, nachos, hot wings, soda, lemonade, brownies... And I was eating more than I was watching the game.

I'm not a real sporty person to begin with, so I guess it's just me. But I certainly get more kick out of watching the Rugby world cup.

So anyway.
Food for the day.
Wings. Delicious wings.
Nachos.
Cheese dip.
Salsa.
Guacamole.
Tamales.

The ZONE.

The Gang.

I sure had fun. I ate a ton of junk. I cheered for a team I had never heard of before in my entire life. I got excited when other people did. I went 'ooh' and 'aah' at the strategic plays which I understood as much as I understand Portuguese. I ate a lot of delicious brownies.

And I'm got a sore throat.

Don't worry. I'm fine-ish now. I hope.

_________________________________

Here's a much delayed LPW video to round things off.

Till next time. Whenever that is. Hopefully soon. Unless I get buried in rehearsals again. Cheers.







No comments: