This blog has now reached it's end. The American Adventure has finished. Will there be a sequel in the near future? One will never know, but for now let's let the credits roll...

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chapter 100 - No really.

It's my 100th post. Hurrah.

Well, technically counting the ones from the 'blogsome' experience, this exceeds 100. But who's keeping count.

And what a way to commemorate this event.

It's 4am as of writing.

I'm not asleep.

Why, you ask?

Because I got home. In the rain. The heaviest rain we've had here in a long time. I mean like historically heavy. Biblically heavy. Okay, maybe not that heavy. But heavy. Heavy-ish. Not as heavy as the rain back home that hurts when it hits you. But heavy enough to cause some major problems.

And I got home in that rain.

My roomies are fast asleep. They don't have a clue what's transpiring in our apartment.

The rain. Oh the rain. The wonderful rain I love so much, I have now grown to hate. Despise. It enrages me. It frustrates me. It wiggles and squirms its way into the unpleasant chambers of my heart and soul.

Yes.

I came home.

And the whole apartment was tormented with leaks.

LEAKS!
EVERYWHERE!
HUGE ONES!
DRIPPING NOISES!
EVERYWHERE!
LOUD ONES!
WATER!
WET CLOTHES!
EVERYWHERE!

Ok that last one not everywhere. I just happen to have a sweater hung on a chair that was directly beneath the leakage. And it's now soaked.

There's water behind the paint in the walls. There's soaking wet ceiling tiles. There's a puddle forming in our electric fireplace. I've been up and about for an hour now, putting pots beneath the leaks, soaking up the water with rags.

I don't even own this house and yet I have to bother with maintenance? Are you kidding me? I'm not a home owner! Spare me! Please! I only live here because I have to! I'm sorry!

Curse you rain.

I now know how my mum feels with the leaking roof. It's frustrating. Like trying to thread a needle with a spoon. I don't even know how that analogy is supposed to work. I bet it's really frustrating.

It's 4 am. I'm tired and sleepy. But my apartment is slowly being flooded. I may wake up tomorrow in a swimming pool. Or I may drown in my sleep. Or I may be swept away by a sudden tidal wave.

Or I may not.

Or I may just be overreacting.

First thing in the morning - cry for help.

It's going to keep raining. And I need to stop my apartment from being turned into an aquarium. Lest I want to be Aquaman.

Last I heard, Aquaman wasn't a very good drummer. So no thanks.

Someone better do something.

Before we all live in a yellow submarine.

*----*----*----*----*----*----*

POST MAYHEM EDIT

So the rain has stopped for now. Clouds haven't completely cleared. Might rain again.

The leaks have dwindled down to a slow slow drip. The bucket is still there.

Out in the battlefield are two pans, three pots, a bowl, a cup, and the bucket.

I've spent 4 hours emptying them so that they wouldn't overflow.

I haven't slept a wink yet.

Management has been notified regarding the leaks.

My mattress is in the middle of the apartment because there's no where else to put it.

I'm tired, sleepy, hungry, all at the same time.




I have pictures and videos of the thing which I will keep for my remembrance of the 'Flood'.

***********************UPDATE****************************

Here's some pics and vids regarding last weekend's 'flooding' of the apartment.

Now, pictures and videos were taken when I was free to take them - which meant that the dripping you hear or see wasn't at its most severe. Trust me, it was worse. That bucket dripping you hear in the video was when it was least potent. Yes, you heard me right.

Anyway.

The first ensemble.

And the next.
That's the two water bubbles behind the paint. They got bigger. And sank lower.
And yes that's another pot in there.

And here's the video. Notice the ensemble grew as the night went along.

No comments: