This blog has now reached it's end. The American Adventure has finished. Will there be a sequel in the near future? One will never know, but for now let's let the credits roll...

Friday, November 5, 2010

Tales from MI - Chapter 6.5

Continued from the previous post regarding my playing technique class.

Rob's finals have always been some of the most challenging. They aren't hard, they just require the most amount of rehearsal. He often includes snare drum pieces and exercises that include all sorts of rudiments, dynamics and tempos.

The very last final was a particularly tough challenge. Here's my original piece that we had to write for the final. Take a look at it and see if you dare play it.



So there you are. I wrote something regarding the title some time ago so if you didn't read that story, here it is.


And now comes the kicker - me actually playing the damn thing. There was a small mistake in the middle section where I stopped and restarted, but for the most part, it sounded pretty good.

Here's the insanity.


There you go. That's the culmination of 18 months of intense physical training and coordination. Questions regarding the piece? Anyone want to attempt it?

I didn't think so.

Till the next part.

2 comments:

Nee Sern said...

why is it called I Squeeze Your Mangoes?

Unknown said...

really sounded like squeezed mangoes. this is insane!